In the wake of increasing Covid-19 positive cases in Chandigarh, the UT Administration has announced Weekend Curfew in Chandigarh from Friday (April 16, 2021) 10pm to Monday 5am. Following restrictions will apply till April 30, 2021 in Chandigarh
- • All gymnasium and spa will remain closed
- • The cinema halls can run with 50% capacity
- • The residents must stay indoor during the lockdown period. Only essential activities will be allowed
- • All government offices will function with 50% of staff till 30/04/2021
- • Public visitors will be allowed to meet the officers only with prior appointment.
- • There will be a ban on social, cultural, political, religious events etc.
- • The existing limit of gatherings in permitted functions will be reduced to 100 (outdoor) and 50 (indoor).
- • Transport buses will run with 50% capacity only.
- Museums, Libraries, Coaching Institutions etc. will remain closed. However, online coaching will be permitted.
- • Those going for appearing in examination and those on examination duties will be allowed movement on production of admit/identity cards.
- There will be screening of all visitors to the city at airport, railway station, ISBT etc.
- • Home delivery of food will be allowed.
- • All vaccination centres/testing centres/dispensaries/medical facilities will remain open during lockdown and people going there will be allowed.
- • All inter-state travelers will be allowed on all days including lockdown period
Following are the exemptions announced: