The recent surge in COVID-19 cases in tricity has mandated strict actions from the three cities’ administration. After Chandigarh and Panchkula, now Mohali district administration has taken a stern view on violators of quarantine norms.
Following are the orders issued by Mohali DC Girish Dayalan:
• Criminal proceedings will be initiated against anyone who violates mandatory home quarantine. Also, criminal action will be taken against those visiting the residence of a home quarantined person.
• Synchronised action of the Rapid Response Teams (RRTs) and field surveillance teams: With the aim to efficiently ensure contact tracing, medical help, shifting of patients and their care, home quarantine and its strict enforcement.
• Real time dissemination of data of travelers coming in Mohali bybair, rail or road. They must also be screened medically. This will help in ensuring strict compliance of home quarantine.
• Ensuring public health protocols, (social distancing, masks and no spitting in public places) are followed in crowded places like mandis, malls, markets are to be kept under watch.
• In addition to existing officials for enforcing administrative guidelines, teams at the level of Mohali MC and EOs are constituted.
• Revamp five special nakas from where travelers are entering the district.
• Mohali DC also directed the police, SDMs and nodal officers to ensure that every person must have e-pass and COVA app downloaded before entering the district.
DC Girish Dayalan expressed his concern about the sense of complacency creeping in people about the perils of coronavirus. People have started to believe that the virus is not as harmful as it was made out to be.
Source: The Indian Express
Image Credits: Google Images