An excellent piece of information for all the residents of the Tricity! A ‘Smart City Card’ was launched by UT Administrator VP Badnore on December 12, Tuesday. The registrations for the smart city card will begin today.
The software for the smart city card will be launched on December 25, which as a matter of fact is also Good Governance Day.
What is Smart City Card?
It is a personalized card, that can be used to make payments for several government and commercial utilities like – water, power, taxes, challans, rent, at retail merchants, e-mandi, liquor shops, fuel stations and CTU buses. Since it carries the photo and the details of the user, it can also be treated as a valid identity proof.
How Will You Get This Card Issued?
Here is all the important information that you will need for getting this Smart Card issued.
- This card will be issued at – e-sampark centres, Bank of India branches and the smart card website.
- The cost for getting this card issued is Rs. 500. Out of these Rs.500, Rs. 150 will be non-refundable.
- The card can be recharged by – BHIM app or by recharging on the website. You may load upto Rs. 50,000 in the smart card.
- Registrations will start on BoI branches on Wednesday and in e-sampark centres on Friday.
- The transaction limit for withdrawal without a one-time password (OTP) is around Rs. 2000. For transactions higher than Rs. 2000, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- You will get a report of all your transactions via SMS. This in turn will prevent any misuse of your account.
So isn’t this a smart step? It will make a lot of things easy for Tricity residents.
Did you like this initiative by the UT Administration? Leave your views in the comments section given below.
(News Source – HT Chandigarh)
(Image Credits – Google Images)
Also Read: Pre-Book Your Parking in Chandigarh With Officially Launched Arya Smart Parking App