Who doesn’t like to be at a place where the mesmerizing aroma of flowers soothes your mind and soul? Everybody wants to! Celebrating the arrival of spring, the most awaited annual celebration of Chandigarh’s love for nature is here. The Chandigarh Tourism Department and Municipal Corporation of Chandigarh (MCC) will be hosting the Rose Festival at Dr. Zakir Rose Garden, Sector 16. This place is no less than a treat to eyes.
It will go on for three days from February 28 to March 1. This year, the theme is the ‘Plastic Mukt Festival’.
The Rose Festival will also witness various cultural programmes, apart from competition events for youth, children, and senior citizens. The primary motive of organizing such events is also to ensure maximum participation by the locals at the festival. The entire place is well decorated with light works, hangings, flowers, sparkles, and festivities. This event is pure bliss for nature lovers.
Dates: February 28 to March 1, 2020
Time: 10 AM to 8 PM.
Venue: Dr. Zakir Rose Garden, Sector 16, Chandigarh.
Entry ticket: Free
The competitions that have been planned for the Rose Festival 2020 at Rose Garden are as follows:
- Rangoli and flower competition
- Photography and on the spot painting competition
- Rose quiz
- Brass and pipe band competition
- Folk singing and dance competition
- Floral hat competition
- Kite flying competition
- Rose Prince and Rose Princess
- Mr. Rose and Ms. Rose
- Rose King and Rose Queen
- Newly-wed couple competition
- Craft exhibition and competition
- Bollywood music show
- More than 500 varieties of rose on display
There will also be a competition of neighbourhood parks that are maintained by the RWAs (Resident Welfare Association).
Before participating in any event, come prepared to win amazing prizes!
- Joyride on a helicopter: City residents will again be able to enjoy chopper ride during the ensuing Rose Festival from February 28 to March 1 at The Sector 16 Rose Garden.
Ticket Prize: 1,700 per person
- Cultural musical night: In the evening, a live Punjabi Musical Nite will be organised featuring Ammy Virk, Gurnam Bhullar, and Satinder Sartaaj. The cultural event will be held at Open Ground, Opposite Museum and Art Gallery, Sector 10, Chandigarh. Passes for the same are available at Tourist Information Centres at Garden of Palms, Sukhna Lake, Plaza-17, and Capital Complex.
- Children’s Zone: It is intended for the kids where they can enjoy swings and rides.
- Food stalls: To satisfy your taste buds, you can enjoy food from multiple cuisines. They will be lined up to serve all the foodies.
The captivating spectacles of the rose garden are sure to fill your heart and mind with happiness. Visit this wonderful festival for its beauty of flowers and witness their splendor.