In a war-room meeting chaired by UT Chandigarh Administrator V P Singh Badnore decision on lifting Weekend Lockdown in the UT has been taken.
• Shops and markets to remain open on Saturdays and Sundays.
• No ban on the movement of people or goods on weekends.
• Curfew in the city would continue to remain in effect from 10 pm to 5 am.
• Odd-even to continue till September 3 in congested markets
• Sukhna Lake will remain closed on weekends till further orders
Union Home Ministry had advised against such a move. Moreover, city traders had been against weekend lockdown citing huge losses.