After two months of domestic flights being suspended in the wake of nation-wide lockdown due to COVID-19, finally from May 25 domestic flights will resume functioning. Airport Authority of India has released Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for airport authorities and airline operators to ensure social distancing.
Some of the guidelines mentioned in the SOP are:
• Passengers must compulsorily be registered on Aarogya Setu App. However, children below 14 years are exempted for this complusion.
• Social distancing in seating arrangement will be ensured. Unused seats will be blocked by using chairs and with proper markers/tapes.
• All food and beverage (F&B) and retail outlets to be opened with COVID19 precautions.
• Take-away to be encouraged to prevent crowding.
• Promote digital payments, self-ordering booths at F&B and retails outlets.
• Passengers must compulsorily walk through thermal screening zone on city side before entering the airport terminal building.
• Passengers’ baggage must be sanitized before entry into the terminal building.
• Only passengers with confirmed web check-in can enter airport, no physical check-in at airport counters
• Only one check-in bag will be allowed; airlines will not provide meal services in flights.
• Airlines to adhere to lower and upper limit of fares prescribed by govt during COVID-19 pandemic period.
• Airlines to inform passengers reporting time at airport is at least two hours before scheduled time for flight’s departure.
• Boarding for flight will commence 60 minutes before departure and boarding gate will be closed 20 minutes before departure.