Tricity residents should prepare themselves for more shivers this week. On Tuesday, weatherman had predicted that the temperature would dip further because of the snowing in hills. Dense fog will engulf the city for the next five days.
As a result of the cold wave, the temperature would drop in Chandigarh and various parts of Punjab and Haryana . The temperature on Jan. 2 was four degrees below normal at 16.4ºC. The night temperature was at 8.7°C. However no rain was predicted.
In 2017, at this time of the year, it was comparatively warmer, as the maximum temperature was 24.4°C.
Here are some useful tips that you must follow while driving in fog:
- Drive slow when there is fog.
- Keep a decent amount of distance between your car and the vehicle in front of you. This will save you from pile-ups as you will have enough time to react.
- Use low beams as high beams headlights only worsen the visibility by reflecting off the fog.
- Use the roadside white line as a guide. Avoid following the centre pavement markings as these will guide you move closer to the oncoming vehicles.
- If the fog is too thick and the visibility is close to zero, pull over. Never stop on the road but find a safe place to pull over.
Helpline Numbers for Air Passengers
With the air operations being affected with dense fog, airlines have requested travelers to confirm their flight status before leaving for airport:
Air Asia: 8046662222
Spice Jet: 9871803333 & 9654003333
Indigo: 9212783838 & 9910383838
Jet Airways: 1800225522 & 8039243333
Air India: 18001801407
Go Air: 9223222111
Helpline Number for Chandigarh Railway Station
Enquiry (train arrival & departure): 0172-2708573
(News Source – HT Chandigarh)
(Image Credits – Google Images)
Also Read: Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi Delayed by 9 Hours, Thanks to Dense Fog