Another international destination added to summer vacation plans! Malaysia has announced that it will allow visa on arrival to Indian tourists from 1st June 2022. That means no more visa hassles when travelling to Malaysia. Covid pandemic has hit hard the tourism and hospitality industry. Visa on arrival is seen as a major step to boost Malaysian tourism.
However, there are certain conditions which comes with this amendment.
Things you should know About Malaysia’s Visa on Arrival to Indians:
Indian tourists should bear in mind the following checklist when preparing to travel to Malaysia:
- Indian Travellers arriving in Malaysia will get visa on arrival only through designated entry points via Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, or Brunei with a valid visa from either country.
- The visa on arrival fee will be MYR 200, equivalent to INR 3500.
- Travellers will be required to prove that they have at least USD 500 equivalent to INR 38000. Either cash/debit card/credit card/traveller’s cheque or any electronic money, which is certified by the Central Bank of Malaysia.
- Fully vaccinated travellers, including children of age 17 or below, are exempted to undergo pre-departure and on arrival Covid-19 testing.
- Travellers can stay up to 15 days with a confirmed return ticket.
- Re-entry to Malaysia is allowed after 45 days from the date of leaving the country.
- You can apply for eVisa as well through their online portal.
- Around 1800 seats are offered between India and Malaysia through IndiGo, AirAsia, and Malaysia Airlines.