An act of violence was reported between bouncers and a few youths outside Social, Sector 7 on April 18. The youth, who had arrived with rods and sticks, also vandalized two cars parked outside the wildly popular club. A total of four persons, including two bouncers, were arrested by the police following a cross FIR registered at the Sector 26 police station.
Those arrested have been identified as Sumneek Singh and his brother Shubhdeep Singh, residents of Sector 70, Mohali. The bouncers are Suraj, a resident of Kharar, and Sayed of Sector 20.
- The security head at Social, Sarabjot Singh reported that three youths visited the club. One of them was heavily drunk and was disturbing a girl.
- Singh alleged that after the closing hours of the club, they started asking for her mobile number. One of them started quarrelling with her companion. A bouncer intervened after which the youths also thrashed the bouncer.
- The youths left the spot and later returned with their friends who were armed with sticks and bats. The accused then thrashed the bouncers. Suraj suffered injuries in the incident.
- In a counter complaint, Sumneek alleged that he went to the club where a girl, who was accompanied by her male friend, started dancing with him. She exchanged her number. To this her friend started objecting. The person called bouncers who thrashed him. Sumneek called his brother at the spot, who was also allegedly thrashed by the bouncers.
- The bouncers also took Rs 14,000 from them to reach a compromise.
Police officials said the footage of CCTV cameras was scrutinized. It was established that both parties attacked each other.
Two Cars Vandalised
The youths, who had arrived with rods and sticks, also vandalized two cars outside the club.