Valentine’s Day may be a celebration of love for couples around the world, however it sometimes turn ugly with roadside romeos creating nuisance by eve-teasing and harassing women. Keeping women’s safety in mind, Chandigarh Police have assigned 900 cops on special duty to maintain law and order in the city.
Police spokesman revealed the following security arrangments:
- Additional police force: Approximately 900 police personnel from police stations, different wings, IRB (India Reserve Batallion) and PCR have been deployed for law and order duties that will include six DSPs and 24 inspectors/SHOs.
2. Security around colleges and market: Maximum police force has been deployed near girls hostels, colleges, Panjab University, busy market places and shopping malls. PCR will be seen patrolling in these areas.
3. Reserve force on alert: A reserve force will remain on alert for mobilising in case of any contingencies.
4. Pick-and-drop facility: Pick-and-drop facility for women will be available in order to ensure their safety while reaching home. Women can call on 100/1091 to avail this facility, he said.
5. Besides this, special traffic arrangements will also be made to check on violators.
Valentine’s Day does not give anyone a license to anyone to harass anyone. Be civil and respect others’ space and privacy.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Chandigarh if You are Single
Source: The Tribune
Image Credits: Google Images