Amid fears of community spread of coronavirus & projections of pandemic peak to touch in August in Punjab, Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh took following decisions:
- Have restricted movement over weekend & holidays. However, industries will be exempted.
- Stronger vigilance on people coming from other states with strict home quarantine for all.
- All citizens, except medical staff & essential service providers, will be required to download e-passes from the COVA app.
- Police to ensure no public gathering beyond permitted limits.
- Strict enforcement on wearing of masks and social distancing.
The decisions were taken in a review meeting via video conferencing analysing COVID-19 pandemic situation & the state’s preparedness to handle further spread.
Punjab CM also asked medical and health experts to consider ways to deal with entrants from other sates especially Delhi where the pandemic situation is grave. He asked them to consider imposition of strict conditions, including mandatory testing certification on these people. On an average, every day 500-800 vehicles are coming to Punjab from Delhi, revealed the DGP Dinkar Gupta in the meeting.
A decision on stricter curbs on those coming from Delhi will be taken after a review by the experts, an official spokesperson said after the meeting.
Source: Times of India
Image Credits: Google Images