In the wake of rising COVID-19 cases in the city, UT Chandigarh Administration has announced new slew of restrictions:
• Chandigarh closes all schools, colleges and other educational institutions till March 31. The ongoing offline examination of classes 9,11 will be reviewed and revised schedule will be issued later.
• All public Holi-Milan gatherings will be banned. The clubs, hotels, restaurants etc. will not allow any ceremonial gatherings for Holi. The residents must celebrate the Holi festival at home while following appropriate covid protocol.
• UT administrator directed that the eligible teachers and shopkeepers, who are coming in contact with students and people from outside must get themselves vaccinated without delay.
• All eating places, restaurants, hotels including food joints in various Malls will run only with 50% capacity.
• Permission from Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh will be mandatory for holding any event including political and social gatherings and even wedding events. The number of guests will be restricted by the Deputy Commissioner.
• State museums, libraries, auditoriums, theatres etc. run by Chandigarh Administration will remain closed till further orders
• No new permission for holding any exhibition/mela to entertain gatherings. However, those give permission will be allowed to go ahead as scheduled.